null
In Stock

Roger Barnier, Brut Selection Champagne NV

Write a Review
MSRP: $58.00
$34.99
You save $23.01
SKU:
400000033570
Current Stock:
32

Frequently Bought Together:

Roger Barnier Brut Selection Champagne
Inc. Tax
Ex. Tax

Description

2 Stars Guide Hachette
"Between Côte des Blancs and Sézannais, Villevenard extends to the north of the Saint-Gond marshes and cultivates its vines on the slopes of Petit-Morin. The Barniers farm 7.50 ha of vines nearby...Passed briefly through wood, it shines with its finesse, freshness and complexity; the citrus fruits are nuanced with a hint of vanilla. A very nice aperitif champagne." 

Vinous Reverie Notes
Cuvee Brut Champagne from Roger Barnier is a bracing and refreshing bottle made from vines grown in the Coteaux du Morin. Barnier family has 35 plots spread out over 20 acres in this small valley southwest of Champagne’s Cote des Blancs region. The same place, well-known cult producer Ulysse Colin farms. The house, under the leadership of Frederic Berthelot, the seventh generation of the Barnier family, has gained a strong reputation for meticulous vineyard work, especially low yields. They make an effort to understand and maximize their results with each grape variety. This blend consists of all three Champagne grapes - 60% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Meunier and 10% Pinot Noir - of which about 60% came from a single vintage. The other 40% is a blend of older reserve wines. The reserve wine gives a wonderful, leesy complexity that shows up in this wine as baked croissant and marzipan. Tasting Notes: This is a tangy mineral driven Champagne with a preponderance of Chardonnay. It has a fresh, zesty feel that pushes it forward and brings out citrus as well as orange and white fruits.

Details

Country:
France
Region:
Champagne
Product Type:
Sparkling
Bottle Size:
750ml
Variety:
Other Red Wines
Vintage:
NV

Customer Reviews

Don't Miss Out