null
In Stock

Arnot-Roberts, Trousseau North Coast 2022

Write a Review
$39.99
SKU:
400000033853
Current Stock:
11

Frequently Bought Together:

 Arnot-Roberts Trousseau North Coast
Inc. Tax
Ex. Tax

Description

Jancis Robinson
"83% of this fruit is from the Luchsinger vineyard, whose volcanic soils sit at an elevation of 1,400 ft in Lake County. The remaining 17% comes from the Las Cimas vineyard in the Russian River Valley. Fermented 100% whole-cluster with ambient yeasts and then basket-pressed into neutral oak for eight months of ageing before bottling unfined and unfiltered. 675 cases made.
Pale ruby with a hint of orange. Aromas of sweet forest berries, ripe watermelon and dried herbs. Powdery tannins wrap around a stony core of strawberry and sour-cherry fruit that is at once both sweet and tangy, while also being deeply mineral. The volcanic nature of these soils comes through distinctively with that crushed-rock sensibility one would find in the best Etna Rossos. Outstanding acidity, great balance and poise, not to mention being utterly delicious. VGV *very good value* 18/20 points. (AY)"

Vinous Reverie Notes
WineryOur 2022 Trousseau is a blend of two sites. 80% of the fruit came from the Luchsinger Vineyard, grown in volcanic alluvium over ancient riverbed stones at 1,400’ elevation on the western shore of Clear Lake, the original source for our Trousseau since 2009. The remainder of the blend came from a new addition to our vineyard sources, Las Cimas Vineyard. Perched at 800 ft elevation in the western hills overlooking the Russian River Valley, the vineyard’s steep slopes are made up of fractured sandstone dotted with quartz and schist, and the vines are exposed to ample sun with cooling breezes from the Russian River. The two sites were harvested and fermented separately, with 75% whole cluster inclusion, and aged in neutral French oak barrels for 9 months before blending. The final wine is characteristically pale ruby in color, with ethereal aromas of blood orange zest and loamy earth. We enjoy this wine with a light chill and love how it pairs effortlessly with a wide variety of foods. The 2022 Trousseau will drink well upon release and we feel shows best when consumed in the first few years after bottling. A perennial favorite, this wine seems to form a seamless connection between Arnot-Roberts’ new world approach and the old world terroirs and styles that inform their work year in and year out. The deft touch used to vinify this temperamental varietal results in an expression of candied new world style fruit wrapped up in a package that expresses subtle nuances and complexity rarely encountered in young California wine. Light-bodied, but gracefully perfumed, it seems to match whatever food you’d like to throw at it with surprising dexterity.

Details

Country:
United States
Region:
California
Product Type:
Red
Bottle Size:
750ml
Variety:
Other Red Wines
Vintage:
2022
Jancis Robinson:
18

Customer Reviews

Don't Miss Out