"100% Gaglioppo. Healthy garnet. Intensely floral and heady. Dry finish. Fine sandy tannins. Really appetising. Verily the Barolo of the south – for a fraction of the price. Long. 17/20 points. VGV"
The area of Ciro' can be traced back as far as 1578, where a monastery was established, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. In 1770, it was eventually to be taken away from the church, by rule of Emperor Ferdinand IV. Upon rule, any property owned by the monks were auctioned off and eventually given to a family of nobility; the Caparra-Siciliani family, from the area of Ciro'. The vineyards of Ciro' found today are a result of this time period, where production of wine dramatically increased over the years.