93 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
"The Cerbaiona NV Rosso V.D.T. is a real beauty. This mysterious blend of what appears to be about 90% Sangiovese and 10% Pinot Nero (with no vintage declared on the label) opens to a sultry, dark appearance with some deep ruby shine that shows from within. The bouquet has elements that remind me of a classic Tuscan Sangiovese (made in a hands-off and transparent manner) on the one hand, and fragrant, blue flower elements that do in fact recall a distant Pinot Nero on the other. It also has some carbonic-adjacent aromas and a whole lot of freshness, with mint and medicinal herb. Dusty earthenware or baked terracotta also appear. The wine is certainly beautiful, and I'm excited to recommend it."
Vinous Reverie Notes
“Lot 8/19” is a first-class Tuscan Sangiovese. The Sangiovese component of the wine (90%) comes not only from Cerbaiona’s estate vineyard in Montalcino, but from two leased sites—one nearby, in the Val d’Orcia, and another up north in Chianti Classico, a high-elevation site in the Alta Valle della Greve. The Pinot Noir (the remaining 10% of this wine) comes from the Apennine foothills northwest of Florence. “Lot 8/19” is a multi-vintage blend (the Sangiovese is from 2017; the Pinot from ’18).