1. Vinaceous, Reverend V Chardonnay 2015
92 points James Halliday
“Grapefruit zest, pith and juice are the markers in this particular instance, very different to the more luscious wines made in the north of the region. It's all a question of personal choice unless - and it's a big unless - the cool-grown, early picked grapes result in a sauvignon blanc caricature.”
2. André Brunel, Côtes du Rhône La Bécassonne Blanc 2015 (50% Roussanne, 30% Grenache Blanc, 20% Clairette)
89 points Wine Spectator
"Fresh, with a juicy edge to the mix of plantain, green almond and yellow apple flavors. Light chamomile and verbena notes help stretch out the finish..."
3. Cousiño-Macul, Merlot 2015
89 points Planet Grape
"Full and supple with notes of blackberry, blueberry, cinnamon, caraway and cocoa nib."
4. Zenato, Cormi Rosso 2010 (50% Corvina, 50% Merlot)
88 points Wine Spectator
"A subtle red, well-knit and fresh, with fine-grained tannins and hints of plump cherry, dried thyme, graphite and spice..."
5. Glen Carlou, Grand Classique 2012 (50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Malbec, 13% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot, 8% Cabernet Franc)
91 points Falstaff
"Dark ruby garnet, violet reflexes, delicate brightening. Delicately animal-backed sweet dark berry fruit, floral nuances, tobacco-lined. Juicy, black cherries, fine tannins, some nougat, saline reverberation, sticks well, a versatile food companion.
6. Yalumba, Triangle Block Shiraz Viognier 2013
93 points Wine & Spirits
"A modern take on an old-fashioned style of Eden Valley shiraz, this is bold in flavor but not at all massive - more about stamina and grace than density and weight. Its flavors of red currants, jasmine and tar have forthright power, a zesty blast of shiraz spice that leaves a clean, fresh taste in its wake. This performs far above its price, a wine to buy by the case and enjoy this winter into spring." Best Buy